Support active engagement with GHSA stakeholders at global, regional, and national levels and across all relevant sectors to enhance complementarity and leverage their existing work, advancing GHSA priorities in a strategic, coordinated way.
- Develop a comprehensive engagement strategy: Compile strategic priorities for the major stakeholder groups involved in GHSA (including non-traditional actors). Include details on available resources and funding gaps.
- Strengthen multi-sectoral participation: Develop adaptable tools to increase engagement of priority sector/ministries that are absent or minimally engaged in global health security issues.
- Improve international outreach: Develop strategies to assist GHSA Steering Group members in engaging more effectively with countries and GHSA-wide members in their region or sector.
- Support Domestic outreach: Ensure sharing of existing and new tools to increase engagement between ministries/sectors within a given GHSA member country, including local/provincial levels.
- Expand sharing of best practices: Work with Advocacy and Communications Task Force to align messaging for existing health security activities with language that strengthens and advances GHSA priorities.
- Increase Non-governmental participation: Work with Action Package coordination Task Force and others to increase inclusion of the non-governmental sector in technical- and leader-level meetings/workshops.
- A clear and time-bound engagement strategy, highlighting opportunities for improved partnerships, new partnership, and other organizations/actors participation.
- New members participate on the GHSA Steering Group over the next 5 years of the initiative.
- Ministry or Sector-specific tool-kit/case studies that provide examples, actions, and best practices for how GHSA members have leveraged political, financial, and legislative support both domestically and internationally.
- A regularly produced update on GHSA activities that can be shared across all relevant stakeholders and government agencies (in coordination with Advocacy and Communication Task Force and GHSA Secretariat).
- Side events at the Ministerial, and/or other high-level meetings, that highlights the value-add and importance of the non-governmental sector, local government, and community-level partners in GHSA.