The normalization of temperature, the end of cough and runny nose does not mean that the viral disease has passed without a trace. How to help yourself recover from a virus attack, aif.ru told naturopath, nutritionist, biochemist Ekaterina Novikova.
It has long been noticed that with respiratory viral diseases there are problems not only with breathing, but also with the work of other organs. Some people have indigestion, some have headaches, and almost everyone has weakness, fatigue, or even depression. And even after the end of the acute phase and complete recovery, asthenia and other symptoms can persist for a long time.
This clinical picture is especially pronounced during the post-covid syndrome. But even after ordinary SARS, people often cannot recover for a long time.
A comprehensive approach is needed
Among the consequences of viral diseases can be:
- heart rhythm disturbances;
- changes in the properties of blood;
- impaired sense of smell;
- severe weakness, drowsiness, decreased performance;
- loss of appetite;
- headaches, migraines;
- anxiety, insomnia;
- hair loss and more.⠀
“The most effective is an integrated approach to the restoration of the body,” says the expert. “This includes dietary modifications, outdoor activities, and physical activity as much as possible, as well as stress reduction and sleep management. But last but not least, help from naturopathy.”
Help from nature
The expert spoke about several substances of natural origin that have a general strengthening effect on the body, weakened by viruses. Among them:
Birch chaga mushroom. Throughout its life cycle, it absorbs nutrients from the tree on which it grows: birch sap is saturated with antibodies that reliably protect against parasites. As a result, the fungus itself is saturated with minerals, phenols, polysaccharides. Today, manufacturers produce chaga extract in a convenient form of a briquette that can be brewed instead of tea, or a concentrate solution.
What is it needed for. This superfood from Siberia has several beneficial effects at once: it participates in bioenergetic cellular processes, provides the necessary tightness of the vascular walls, normalizes the natural hormonal level, and maintains good health and general condition of the body.
A large concentration of B vitamins, which is in chaga, is necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and energy metabolism.
Birch mushroom is very useful for the intestines. It destroys the pathogenic microflora in this organ, cleanses the body, relaxes the intestinal muscles, eliminating spasms. Chaga also regulates sugar levels.
Pro- and prebiotics. Viruses adversely affect the gastrointestinal tract. Not the best effect on the state of the intestinal microflora is also provided by many drugs, especially antibiotics. Bifidobacteria, which are part of pro- and prebiotics, will help restore the disturbed balance. They stimulate the synthesis of immunoglobulins, which play an important role in maintaining immunity after infection. And lactobacilli, which produce their own antibiotics, suppress putrefactive opportunistic microbes.
When buying probiotics, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- they must be stored at certain temperatures;
- most of them are not suitable for people with lactose intolerance (as they contain lactobacilli);
- you can’t take probiotics with antibiotics, it’s pointless because antibiotics destroy them.
Substances that prevent the increased formation of blood clots. Past viral diseases can lead to increased blood clotting and the formation of blood clots, and this threatens with serious complications (heart attacks, strokes). Therefore, it is necessary to monitor the indicators of blood clotting (a coagulogram will show), as well as use supplements that improve the functional state of the cardiovascular system. Among them:
- Ginkgo biloba the extract increases blood flow to areas lacking circulation, including the brain, lower limbs, all arteries, veins and the smallest capillaries.
- Omega 3 fatty acids with a high content of EPA and DHA acids (2000 mg per day). Deficiency of essential fatty acids is one of the most important causes of impaired cholesterol metabolism and the development of atherosclerosis.
- Vitamin K2 (100 mcg per day) – activates proteins that help the body use calcium properly. Vitamin K2 takes calcium from the arteries and puts it in the bones, preventing vascular calcification.
- Extracts Baikal skullcap and cimicifuga – normalize blood circulation.
An integrated approach and work with the body at the cellular level will help you quickly and effectively recover from the transferred viruses.